Thursday, January 24, 2008

Long Day

The title sums up the day, it was great to be long! I bought STP at a great price today, and plan to let it run a little while before taking profits. Solar should run higher after the report from WFR, just take a look at the sector-- it has been murdered.

MSFT also reported a great quarter, it should give a lift to the market in the morning. I would be early in taking profits, I don't think many people want to be long going into the weekend. Plus, if we don't get another cut from Ben, kiss your gains goodbye!

Today was amazing, I mean stocks ripped the heads of the short sellers-- just take a look at BIDU! It's kind of upsetting seeing so many stocks higher. I feel I missed out on the bounce, and absolutely refuse to buy here.

However, there are some I'm tempted to buy: MELI, AMZN, & NVDA

I will try to post some charts later on tonight.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cajun,

I also refuse to buy more BIDU which is expected to open at around
$320 today. Buy on a Dip before earnings 13/2?

I am thinking of adding to our
FSLR position which (like STP) was
dragged down by poor earnings from
SPWR! Look at BRCM/RIMM where we have a lot of call options which are going to bounce today!

1 of GOD' s servants!

Who is still playing ball and have managed to preserve capital. My, this selloff has been brutal!

Ragin' Cajun said...

it sure has.

PENNY STOCK RESEARCH said...

My my my yes it has been a long day indeed.