Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Strong Day

I love days like this! Not only did every position skyrocket, but Tim Knight continues to dig a hole for himself, showing me that there is no slope of hope! I believe the bottom is in, and after Labor Day, it will be up up and away. I still have a little cash on hand, and will deploy most of it on the next dip. It is also worth noting that I do not have a single short position, or hedge at the moment.

Don't get whiplashed by this volatility, find your favorite names and build a position for year end. Find names that tend to outperform in the last quarter, buy the dip and watch you money grow. Going forward I like: AAPL, GRMN, RIMM, SNDK, AMZN, EBAY, GMKT, COH, JCG, GOOG, BIDU and many others.

Quick Note: How can you not be long AAPL going into the holiday season. $180 price target by year end, then I will use Danny's price target of $400 by YE 2008.

3 comments:

D1 said...

it was 2011, b/c I was using analysis which hypothesized that the iTV would in fact skyrocket in popularity.

This was before the iphone, but now that we see how cool that is, it just accelerates it the whole thing.

I still believe an iTV boom is likely, but more contingent on appl adding better compression, allowing higher resolution output, and increasing it's catalog of tv shows and movies from its iStore. If that happens in 09/10, then it seems likely they can earn the ~12-14/ share or whatever it was I calculated.

D1 said...

good post btw

Fantom said...

Agreed on apple, but temper the enthusiasm, the market is not even close to recovering yet. Just MHO.